A story about a Canadian girl and her battle against student loan debt.

Friday, August 31, 2007

Wow, It's Been Awhile

A lot has happened! In the last week I have...

- finished my summer job
- moved out of my summer apartment (car rental + gas = $140)
- started my new job

I'm still waiting for backpay from my former employer (no direct deposits so I have to wait until they mail me the money). I also just started my new job so I have to wait a bit until I start getting paid. That means that right now, I'm in limbo and can't make any other move towards the student loans or exchange savings.

I actually don't need to take any classes this term because I took so many extra ones that I have enough credits. However, I'm thinking about taking some extra classes at night and working full time during the day. Everyone I've talked to about this say it may not be a good idea--I commute for two to three hours everyday to and from work, and going to school at night may wear me down a little bit too much. Also, if I take these classes, I may not be able to graduate debt free. BUT these classes may really help me because they are in my field and I can apply what I learn to my job during the day... I am leaning towards taking one or two classes so that's a maximum of two nights (six hours) a week. I think the return on this kind of debt will be good.

1 comment:

krystalatwork said...

I was beginning to wonder where you were! :)

It's hard to balance school and work at the same time, so I feel your pain. Is there any way your day job would help to pay for your classes, seeing as they are related to your field?

I hope you enjoy my blog. No refunds. :)