A story about a Canadian girl and her battle against student loan debt.

Tuesday, August 7, 2007

August is Expensive And Other Random Crap

August is going to be expensive because my lease is up at the end of the month and my job is going to be over, so I'm going to be picking up and moving again, this time to another city. The car rental place told me it would cost $80 to rent a car for a day, plus the cost of gas.

I'm going to be starting another job in two weeks' time. I've been spoiled the last while because my current job has a very relaxed dress code. I usually wear a tank top, a tshirt over it, and jeans. But my new job is much more corporate so I'm going to have to start investing in actual work appropriate pieces. I guess it's about time; in a year I'll be done school anyway!

Today I picked up a pair of pants for $19.99, marked down from $89.99. I'm happy because I already had the matching blazer and pencil skirt as my one expensive interview suit. I also got a dress slip today that I've been watching like a hawk. For the last few weeks, I would walk in the store once a week on the way home to see if they had gone on sale. They went from $24.99 down to $19.99 and then down again to $11.99 today, so I finally picked one up.

In other news, I'm so not loving HSBC right now because they take way too long to transfer money. The other thing is that their website is pretty vague and not as straight forward as ING's. I might just keep my money in ING after all that hassle.

Lastly... I am almost done writing my undergraduate thesis! I plan on treating myself to something, but I'm not sure what. We'll see.

No comments:

I hope you enjoy my blog. No refunds. :)