A story about a Canadian girl and her battle against student loan debt.

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

First Post

Hi, and welcome to my blog. I'm a 22 year old full-time student with one year left of studies. I've been paying for school by myself and want to graduate with a positive net worth.

About me:

  • I am Canadian and American
  • I will graduate in 2008
  • I am planning on going on exchange for my last term of undergrad (January 2008 in England)
  • I work while in school and save that money to pay for school
  • My current student loan amount is around $21 000 CDN right now

This is my journey to graduate with as little debt as possible.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow you are off to a great start in life, I envy you that you have the sense and responsibility to think of debt at this age. Your family did a wonderful job with you. Goodluck with your studies and have fun in england. Sound like you have a wonderful future ahead of you. I started blogging to deal with my debt, it is a slow process, there are times that I see no light at the end of the tunnel. You can read my saga at http://thehub.yesdebtfree.org

GL said...

I just ran across your blog and...I think I love you. You had me the interest rate chasing post.
:)

Out of interests sake, how did you make out with your goals?

I hope you enjoy my blog. No refunds. :)