A story about a Canadian girl and her battle against student loan debt.

Saturday, August 4, 2007

A $3.50 Sigh of Relief

A few days ago I checked my ING Direct account to see how much interest I made for the month of July, and was alarmed when I did my math and saw that I was short $3.50 in my account. Now, normally, I'm not the type of person to sweat things like that, (oh, who am I kidding?) but I was kind of nervous that they'd made a bank error. I decided to wait a few days to let it sort itself out, and today I logged on to see that the $3.50 is now safely in my account. I guess someone had a programming glitch when they were calculating balances due to the new summer savings sale.

Sigh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The ING Summer Saving interest is paid separately from your regular savings. You get 3.50% interest on your balance before the start of the saving sale + 4.25% on the amount that you deposited after the savings sale started. When ING deposits money into your account, they deposit your regular interest on the last day of the month, and then deposit the savings sale interest separately on the first day of the next month.

So dun worry. Its not a programming glitch. It is something that you will see again, but there is nothing to worry about. Its just the way they work! Hope that helps to allay your fears the next time it happens!

I hope you enjoy my blog. No refunds. :)