A story about a Canadian girl and her battle against student loan debt.

Monday, September 24, 2007

Still Plugging Away... Slowly

I threw another $100 at the UK savings. Sometimes I wish I could just make more money, or do it faster, or something, because I hate the fact that those two little sidebars over there aren't completely full! And I know that probably sounds ridiculous since the entire rest of the world pretty much feels the same way that I do!

In other news, PC Financial has raised their rates to 4.25%, HSBC Direct is going up (I think I read that somewhere), and ING Direct is already at 3.75%. Seems as if ING Direct is content and not in the race of interest rates.

I also read an article today about the rich getting richer, which I already learned in school and something my dad will probably say he knows just from the school of life. Even in grade school they were teaching us about the upside down wine glass of income distribution. So sad to know that your best bet of getting ahead is to be ahead in the first place.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So true. In some ways it makes me want to just lie down and give up already. :\

Anonymous said...

hey congrats on getting as far as you have on your 'sidebars'. And, life sometimes delivers little windfalls. Fingers crossed that one comes your way -- you'll know what to do with it :)

Esme said...

Congrats on saving. Every little bit helps. It sounds like a great opportunity.

Have you thought about doing a work exchange? Some majors offer this. I got a paid technical internship during the summer in Finland and had the best time.

Anonymous said...

Its also true that the poor get poorer. I never understand why it should cost us more money to keep less money in a bank account. If we have less money, they charge us transactions fees each month. If we have more money, there is no cost.

This never made any sense. Leave less that $1000 in a Canadian back account and see how fast that turns to zero!

I hope you enjoy my blog. No refunds. :)