A story about a Canadian girl and her battle against student loan debt.

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Pay Day!

I got paid today, which brings my savings up from 33.8% to 38.4%. Yay!

The cruddy thing about work, though, is the fact that I basically walk through the mall to get home. It's the shortest route; otherwise I have to circle around it, and I hate that because of all the bad city air/car exhaust on the street. Oh well, I guess this is a test of self-restraint during the summer sales.

I'm planning on going home for the weekend. My friend's going to drive, and I plan on giving him some money which should cover the gas bill. The annoying thing is that my other friend found out and basically invited herself along. I'm sure she's not going to offer any money to the guy who's driving. I think that's just poor manners to expect a free ride when it's going to be at least a five hour drive.

It usually irritates me when people are being cheap. I mean, I don't have money either, so I know what it feels like. But I hate it when people don't have money and just complain about it. Like another friend of mine, who wanted a weekend away, and all she did was try to get free rides off other people and complain the whole time about how she couldn't afford it. If you want to get away for the weekend, fine. Set some money aside for it! Don't complain that you don't have money for it and then do it anyway.

Sigh. At least I can be happy that I got paid today!

No comments:

I hope you enjoy my blog. No refunds. :)