A story about a Canadian girl and her battle against student loan debt.

Thursday, May 8, 2008

Job Hunting

I'm still not done my studies here. School isn't quite finished yet--three essays, a report, and three exams to write--all of which are due NEXT WEEK. I kid you not; I don't quite understand these Brits sometimes.

But I digress.

A week from now (eight days to be exact) I will (hopefully) be writing the last exam of my bachelor degree. Then I will spend two magnificent weeks traveling through London, Paris, Rome, and Madrid before I return to England and pack up my things to fly back home. To Canada. At which point I will be confronted with the fact that I AM UNEMPLOYED. Scary.

So I started the job hunt recently and found a short, summer contract for students. It's right up in my field and located close to my home. Even though the pay is dismal (it's half of what I made at my last job) it would be a good job to have since I could start right when I get back while I search for something long term. The problem is that they want the person to start right now, and I can't do that. I explained that in my cover letter and shot my resume at them anyway... To which I got a reply that I'd been selected for an interview. Scheduled for next week. I explained once again that I'm not able to come in for an interview so soon since I'm overseas. We'll see what comes of it.

1 comment:

hair extensions said...


Abhair is a highly sought-after virgin Brazilian Hair, with a cult-like following of beauty editors, bloggers and A-listers, such as Whitney Port, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Love Moschino. Founded in 2004, the brand aims to “reach out to girls who are adventurous, free-spirited and ambitious – a girl who is every girl’s best friend and every boy’s dream”. Sounds good to us!

I hope you enjoy my blog. No refunds. :)