A story about a Canadian girl and her battle against student loan debt.

Sunday, January 20, 2008

Experience of a Lifetime

When I decided to go on exchange, I knew that I would be coming here by myself. My friends back home are quite happy returning to what they already know. They're in their last year at university and they're quite happy with it. Also, many feel like they can't afford to go on exchange.

Today I asked another exchange student why she came here to study without any of her friends from home. She said that all of them said it would be nice, but they didn't plan for it. When she told her friends that she was going on exchange, they replied "Oh you're so lucky." She commented that it wasn't luck that got her here to study abroad; it took financial planning on her part. I agree as well. The only reason why I was able to make this exchange opportunity a reality is because I planned for it financially. That's why financial goals are so important. It means the difference between the experience of a lifetime or just another term at school.

1 comment:

Wooly Woman said...

Wow that is great you made it, best of luck, sounds like fun already. Like the new template, where did you get it? (or did you make it yourself?)

I hope you enjoy my blog. No refunds. :)