A story about a Canadian girl and her battle against student loan debt.

Saturday, December 8, 2007

Still Kind of Around...

I haven't been on this blog in a long time but I've continued to save money. I just didn't document it as much. I saved enough for tuition and accomodation in the UK, and also threw more money at my student loans.

Even though I've been saving money like mad, I've also been spending more money than I'd like to. I'm working on stopping but it's all about finding some sort of balance between saving money and actually spending money on things that I care about. Like, for instance, I save money by bringing lunch to work. But when co-workers ask me to join them for lunch, I hate turning them down because I feel like I'm turning down an opportunity to get to know people outside of the office. But I know I have to turn them down so I'll have more money to spend abroad. (I just reread that last part. I said "turn down" three times in total. Apparently my education isn't teaching me to use a wider vocabulary.)

In other news, my dad gave me an airplane ticket using his points (or miles or whatever they're called) but I insisted on paying the taxes and fees. The total cost to me for the return flight? About $400. Yikes. At least it's better than the $1220 that I would have had to pay otherwise.

Oh yeah--new blog design that I got off the internet. (I would make something myself, but this one was so cute. It's a little juvenile but the style is very reflective of my character and stage in life.)

No comments:

I hope you enjoy my blog. No refunds. :)